Catalyst offers an Open Source Scholarship to two recipients each year, with preference given to those who have previously taken part in the Catalyst Open Source Academy. Applications are invited from students who intend to study computer science or related subjects.
The scholarship consists of a $2,000 payment in March for each of the three years of study and must be used for study related costs.
2019 Catalyst Open Source Scholarship Application Guide
Who can apply
- Be over 16 years of age at the start of your study
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Be applying to enrol in a full time, full year programme of study at a university, polytechnic or wānanga
- Have met the entry requirements for their desired programme of study
Applicants will be chosen because they:
- Show a genuine desire to succeed in their chosen IT field
- Are committed to completing their study programme
- Are keen to get employment in an IT related industry or field
- Show commitment to open source technologies
The selection panel will create a shortlist from the information you provide in your scholarship application based on the selection criteria listed above. Shortlisted applicants may be asked to attend an interview.
- Scholarships will be awarded on the basis that the information supplied is true and correct
- Catalyst can withdraw the scholarship if the information is proved to be inaccurate
- If you turn down the scholarship, or do not accept the scholarship by the required date, the selection panel may offer the scholarship to another applicant
- If the recipient withdraws or transfers to another programme that is not IT related, it is expected that the scholarship will be repaid to Catalyst
- The decision of the selection panel is final
How to apply
Complete the application form.
Applications for the 2019 scholarships must be received by 30 November 2018.
Applicants will be notified by 31 January 2019 if they are successful or not.
The first payment will be made on 18 March 2019.